This guide is intended to get you started as quickly as possible once you have received details to access your new archive.
View Archiving is your gateway to email e-discovery. Implementation of View with your existing mail services is simple. As long as your mail platform can perform RFC compliant email journaling, you can use View.
Here are a select few key steps you’ll want to undertake upon your new archive account:
- Login & set your password to access the services
- Implement journaling new email to the archive
- Review email Retention Policy
- Create users to access the archive
Login & change Your Password
- When you are logged onto the service, you can change your password by hovering your mouse over your username located in the top right hand corner.
- Select Change Password option.
- Complete the change of password, saving your new entries.
- Your password must be at least 8 characters and contain an uppercase, a lowercase, a number, and may contain special characters !@#$%^&.
Your mail service will need to be configured to submit ‘journaled’ messages to the archive services, using delivery via SMTP. To perform this, you will need to locate your archives unique SMTP collector address.
This address should be kept securely, you do not want it be made available to anyone outside your organisation.
SMTP Collector Address
How to locate your archive mailbox address:
- Log on to your View Archive account
- Select settings from the list on the left hand side
- Select the manage button
Your accounts’ Mailbox email address will be shown on the main screen. Looking similar to.
Copy this address and use it is the journaling configuration of your mail service.
Once you have journaling implemented, it can take upto 24 hours before you should expect to be able to search for newly journaled items within the archive.
Mail Service Configuration Guides
Configuring with Office 365, read this journaling implementation guide available online here:
Your archive account will come with a default retention policy set, this policy being that all data will be held for 7 years, after which any items older will be automatically purged. To review/change your policy, please review the following article here:
To create a new user in the system you must first be sure that you are logged in to a user account with Account Administrator privileges.
From any page within the application, click the “New” button in the top left. Select “User”
Complete the form to create a new user account.
Tips on creating accounts:
- Usernames are NOT case sensitive but must be unique within your account.
- Only create users should they need to have access to the archive.
- Users must have at least one role selected; multiple roles can be selected.
- Archive administrators have complete access across the archive with ability to create, modify, and export searches, manage hold reasons, system tags, users, groups, and permissions across the application.
- Compliance officers are able to interact with data across the archive in addition to creating and managing hold reasons and system tags.
- Search administrators are able to create, save, edit, export, and review searches across the entire archive
- Exporters are able to review and export searches created by a search administrator or higher.
- Reviewers are only able to view the results of searches created by a search administrator or higher.
Please sign in to leave a comment.