The View Archive email service has a Max Message Size limit that is applicable to the collection methods, SMTP and POP.
- The View Archive Service will accept all journaled messages upto 140MB, when delivering journaled messages to the View Email Archive using SMTP*.
- The View Archive Service will collect all messages upto 150MB, when journaling messages for the View Email Archive using POP.
* When using SMTP, you have to take into consideration of the Mime encoding bloat that is applied for SMTP transmission. This could increase a message overall size by up to 30%-40%. The View archives maxed upper limit is 200MB for SMTP journaled messages and this includes the mime encapsulation overhead
Articles that may be of interest:
- Frequently asked questions about MIME and content conversion in Exchange 2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836555
- Office 265 Blog: http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/158/t/81061.aspx