Adding a button to the ribbon in Outlook 2016 and 2013 and an add-in to individual messages in Outlook Web Access provides easy, one-click access to for your users from their Microsoft environment to the archive.
Set-up is done entirely in your Exchange admin panel using the links and images provided in the archive. Please follow the below instructions to complete set-up:
- Log into your archive's admin account
- Click the cog in the header, then click the Manage button in the Microsoft O365/Outlook Integration section
- In this section are links to implementation instructions in the KnowledgeBase as well as the required URLs and optional tile/ribbon image provided as a courtesy
- Login to your Exchange Admin center. Open Admin centers section and click Exchange
- From the Exchange admin center, click add-ins under the organization section
- Click the Add button to access the drop down menu. Select the Add from URL option and enter the Outlook manifest.xml URL from the Archive (bullet 2.1)
- Helpful Tip: If adding the manifest via the URL does not work, download the manifest and try adding it via the Add from file option
The add-in will now appear in the list of add-ins for the Exchange server. Customize your desired add-in availability settings by clicking the Pencil icon.
Please note: The add-in appears in different locations in different versions of Outlook: In the ribbon for Outlook 2016 and 2013 and in individual messages for Outlook Web Access. This is controlled by Microsoft. We cannot affect where the add-in appears.
1. An Admin can add the add-in for all users, but it will take a while to propagate. It will not appear immediately in desktop or web clients, so please be patient!
2. Upon the app first installing on the users client machines, the archive icon will likely be greyed out, and unusable in the first instance, the Outlook client will need to be closed and re-started.
If you would like clicking the tile to not just navigate the user to archive, but also authenticate them, you will need to also enable single sign-on. Click here for instructions.